moderated Re: Creating a Desktop Shortcut to Restart Your Computer

Gene Warner

When I am ready to shut down, I always exit any applications I might have running so when it comes time to hit Alt+F4 I'm on the desktop.

Gene...

On 8/8/2022 11:44 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 11:40 AM, Kevin Minor wrote:
Another way to get to the SHUTDOWN/RESTART Windows is hitting WINDOWS+X.
-
And add a U right after you've hit that WinKey + X, and you've got focus on what amounts to the classic shutdown menu choices.
I love topics like this one simply because they demonstrate, vividly, that Microsoft generally gives many roads to any proverbial Rome.  Pick among them for the one that suits you best.  I'd forgotten about the WinKey + X route entirely.
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
*     ~ Lauren Bacall