moderated Re: Screen shade tips:

Gene Warner

True, in those situations I'll either turn on the screen shade or turn the screen brightness all the way down. But I travel so rarely that I don't really need to worry about those situations.

What concerns me more than prying eyes is listening ears.

Gene...

On 8/8/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 11:11 AM, Gene Warner wrote:
My solution to prevent prying eyes is to hook up an external
keyboard to my laptop, then close the lid.
-
Which is an excellent solution except if you need to be using the laptop with its native keyboard when you're on site, or in a plane, etc.
Another trick if you have to use your laptop in public without an external keyboard, and happen to be using a screen reader that does not have a screen shade/curtain function, is this, recommended by another computer tech when I was trying to find some way to make an old trick I knew for diverting the Windows display work again:
The best idea I have is the use of a dummy display blank, and then configuring windows to only display on that screen.
So plugin something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-Generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF <https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-Generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF>
Then do this: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/so...-while-using-external-monitor-ideapad-windows <https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht504128-how-to-auto-turn-off-laptop-screen-while-using-external-monitor-ideapad-windows>
If you need local access, unplugging the HDMI dongle will enable the local screen. Remote support software wouldn't care either way.
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
*     ~ Lauren Bacall