moderated Re: Screen shade tips:

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 11:11 AM, Gene Warner wrote:
My solution to prevent prying eyes is to hook up an external keyboard to my laptop, then close the lid.
-
Which is an excellent solution except if you need to be using the laptop with its native keyboard when you're on site, or in a plane, etc.

Another trick if you have to use your laptop in public without an external keyboard, and happen to be using a screen reader that does not have a screen shade/curtain function, is this, recommended by another computer tech when I was trying to find some way to make an old trick I knew for diverting the Windows display work again:
The best idea I have is the use of a dummy display blank, and then configuring windows to only display on that screen.

So plugin something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-Generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF

Then do this: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/so...-while-using-external-monitor-ideapad-windows

If you need local access, unplugging the HDMI dongle will enable the local screen. Remote support software wouldn't care either way.

     ~ Lauren Bacall