moderated Re: Screen shade tips:

Gene Warner

My solution to prevent prying eyes is to hook up an external keyboard to my laptop, then close the lid.

Gene...

On 8/8/2022 10:58 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 12:47 AM, Sharon S wrote:
The screen shade will stop anyone else using the computer because
none of my family knows how to use Jaws but my nieces will be
disappointed if they can’t see the pictures.
-
If no one else knows how to use JAWS (or unload it at the very least) then the situation you describe is precisely what you'll have.
The very reason for being of the screen shade is to prevent "over the shoulder" viewing, by anyone, when that's what you wish to prevent. Once the screen is off, it's off until you either flip the toggle, unload/exit JAWS, or reboot.
The reboot part may not still be accurate if a setting has been added to make screen shade persistent unless you turn it off, but I have not heard anything about that.  That was my reason for posting a reference to an earlier topic that discussed how to make that happen without a persistent option.
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
*     ~ Lauren Bacall