moderated Re: Locking the mouse buttons:

David Diamond

I like to say you have to crawl before you can run. Pretty much means the same thing. Smile.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Gene Warner <genewarner3@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2022 8:47:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Locking the mouse buttons:

You see what you want to see, I do not feel I was being rude, I was
being honest because I've been there.

A rehab instructor who was supposed to teach the basics of using a
screen reader did that to everyone in the class I was in. It left most,
if not all, of us confused because we had no idea what we needed to
learn to get started other than everything. So most of us could not
answer his question with anything other than a "I don't know". It was
not a very comfortable situation.

Several months later when I attended an alumni Christmas party I learned
that more than half of that class never returned just like I did and
that that instructor was no longer employed there, he was terminated
soon after I left. I can only guess that many of the other students in
that class complained about him.

Now maybe Brian was teaching an intermediate or advanced level class in
which case his approach would have been appropriate, but that approach
is not appropriate when your students don't know what they need to learn
yet.

Before you can run, you must first learn to walk.

Gene...