Now maybe Brian was teaching an intermediate or advanced level class in which case his approach would have been appropriate, but that approach is not appropriate when your students don't know what they need to learn yet.

Before you can run, you must first learn to walk.

Gene...

On 8/7/2022 10:03 PM, Don Walls wrote:
Harsh!  Do you really need to be so rude?  It seems reasonable that an instructor ask a student about the student's goals and needs.
Don
-----Original Message----- From: Gene Warner
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2022 2:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Locking the mouse buttons:
You are right, I wouldn't want you as an instructor because you would be
a lousy one. The class was supposed to be a class on using JAWS. If you
can't teach that without needing the student to tell you what his goal
is, you have no business being an instructor.
Gene...
I think in this case the sighted person did not draw the client out and the client did not tell the teacher exactly what she needed to learn. Sorry, some people’s communication skills are lacking.  The enquirer doesn’t know how to draw the person out and the student doesn’t know how to communicate properly what they want.  Then there is the other thought, audio skills are lacking as well, I E the teacher is not listening to his or her student.  Indirectly related. A person asked me a question and I did not understand what he wanted, I asked for clarification and all he said was, “The question is clear enough.” If it was clear enough, I’d not have to ask.  Smile. A good teacher should know how to draw their students out, not asking or giving vague questions or answers.  If a blind person asks where something is in a store, the person they ask should not say, “Over there or, over that way.” True they’ve answered the question however not in a way that the blind person can understand.