Re: Need To Get Rid Of Superscript Designations In a Microsoft Word File

Were I you, and since you say there are no formats that you intended to apply, I'd copy the content of the file, paste it into Notepad, delete what's in the Word file, then copy what's in the Notepad file and paste it back.

That will convert every character of the document to plain text, then, when you paste it back in, apply only whatever font formatting you happen to have turned on for the file.

So far as I know, the only methods to format text as subscript or superscript are those in this Microsoft Support Document:

Format text as superscript or subscript in Word

     ~ Lauren Bacall