Re: preforming a right click

Gene Warner

I have a trackball for when a mouse is absolutely needed, but I haven't hooked it up to my computer in months.

Gene...

On 8/5/2022 4:41 PM, JM Casey wrote:
Yeah. It’s the left click situation taht’s a little bit trickier. Maybe especially for those of us who don’t have a laptop – actually in a situation now where I don’t even know where my physical mouse is as somehow when assembling my new desk/worksation I seem to have misplaced it. Of course it’s not the sort of thing that would even occur to me as I can go weeks without even thinking about a  mouse, but then, boom, suddenly you find yourself at a point where one might be useful and it’s, oh no, where is that blasted thing? I suspect some blind folks don’t even have one.
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Brian Vogel
*Sent:* August 5, 2022 04:03 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: preforming a right click
On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 03:59 PM, Mike B. wrote:
If you're using a laptop without a NumPad:
Left Mouse Button / Click   =   CAPS LOCK+8
Right Mouse Button / Click  =  CAPS LOCK+9
-
But, again, this relies on JAWS emulation.  And whether it's JAWS or any other screen reader, mouse button emulation is very frequently hit or miss.
Best practice is the applications/context menu key, or SHIFT + F10, both of which are native Windows commands that are analogous to a physical right mouse button click.  There's really no point in introducing any uncertainty when it's just not necessary.
Each can do as he or she sees fit, but only once the issues surrounding the various choices are clear.  That's an informed choice.
--
Brian *-*Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.**