moderated Jaws reporting checked after list items and on desktop

Murray Peat <murraytp@...>

Hi there,

I just got a new work laptop today, gone from an HP to a Lenovo.

After some time to set things up I have noticed that when on the desktop Jaws reports on each icon like Word checked and excel checked etc. Also in the documents folder after each item Jaws reports checked. The sighted I T person could not provide any insights. The only thing I can think of is that the laptop does have one of those touch screens that operates with a pen. The screen has been disabled.

I guess the highlight as I move through each item may contain an element that Jaws is reporting as checked.

I am using Jaws22 with Windows 10 Enterprise.

Any advice would be most welcome

With thanks

Murray