moderated Re: getting jaws to pronounce the euros symbol.

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Adrian/all,

My congratulations for having your novel published Adrian, this is good. I have always maintained a dream of writing a something either a silly novel, or something on the middle ages onboard a steamer cruising the seas and ports of the world, with me maintaining a luxury  cabin where I could work, spending my time with writing, visiting places, eating bestially and being entertained in the company of pleasant ladies

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Τετάρτη, 27 Ιουλίου 2022 15:41
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: getting jaws to pronounce the euros symbol.

!!! Now to our points. Actually it has been within office that I have used the symbol, I use left cntrl-alt-e, or same combination with epsilon when on a Greek keyboard, but perhaps this is because I have a laptop keyboard in jaws? However, I am almost always using an office program when I need to use that symbol, so there may be a point, although I think I have produced the same effect outside office once. That’s why I said to Patrick that it seems that I am always getting the euro symbol without having done anything particular.

                                                                Cheers to all,

                                                                Takis

Takis, did you see Soronel’s JAWS key+4 suggestion? This key combo brings up a list of symbols. It isn’t exhaustive, but it does include the euro. As Soronel suggests, once the list is opened, press f to go to the first item after the euro, then up-arrow once to euro. (I realize I’m assuming the same options appear in your version, which may not be the case.)

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions and, for qualified readers in the US, at the National Library Service/BARD. Go to: https://adrianspratt.com/book/