Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: bank on line bill pay

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 01:58 PM, Gene Warner wrote:
You have to take pictures of the front and back of the check.
-
Well, yes, as that's how any mobile banking app gets the data necessary to deposit the check and to have the legally required images (when the bank processes the checks normally they're scanned, and images are saved).

When it comes to things like this, it's always easier to enlist sighted assistance, once, to get a "photo rig" set up for your smartphone.  I've done this on multiple occasions, and not just for banking apps, so that the phone can be placed on top of the rig (which is usually a small cardboard box, cut into what amounts to a small table with an opening large enough for the smartphone's camera to be able to take photos of items placed "on the floor" (table top or desk top in reality) beneath the rig.  Once set up this tends to work like a charm for as long as the rig remains viable.

     ~ Lauren Bacall