moderated Re: removing column and/or row titles in excel

Gene Warner

Thanks, I'll try it next time.

Gene...

On 7/18/2022 8:56 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
The step that I missed including is to go to JAWS quick settings and be sure that
"define name column and row titles override" is off.
then the process works.
At 08:01 AM 7/18/2022, you wrote:
Hi,
It does work but the instructions left something out. The proper way is to add a user defined name for the worksheet that is in focus and the ending cell coordinate. For example:
TitleMoth..X100
Month in the above example is the user defined name which can be anything you would like. The two periods  are placeholders.. The  X is the ending column and 100 is the ending row for the data. Leave no spaces and accept the defaults as you tab to OK and press enter. This is the method suggested by Dan Clark from Freedom Scientific and has the added value that if the workbook is sent to another Jaws user They do not have to use the Jaws keystrokes . If you want an example of a workbook using this method let me know.
Joe
Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer

Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT