moderated Re: JAWS freezes in Google DOcs

Gene Warner

I agree that JAWS 2022 is better than 2021 but 2022 still has the problem. Since it appears to only affect Chromium based browsers, we believe it is because of something that the Chromium engine is doing.

Gene...

On 7/18/2022 10:12 AM, Justin Williams wrote:
JaWS 2021 for me was almost unusable.
2022 works a lot better.
Thanks,
Justin
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2022 10:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS freezes in Google DOcs
This sounds like a problem several people, including me, have noted.
JAWS isn't freezing, it is loosing the focus, this seems to only happen in Edge and Chrome. And as far as I know, there is no fix except to do what you are already doing.
Gene...
On 7/18/2022 6:35 AM, Rahul Bajaj wrote:
Hi,

I se JAWS 2021. WHen I open documents in GOogle Docs, after reading a
particular paragraph, JAWS freezes and stops talking. Nothing happens
when I go up or down with the arrow keys. I have to press alt+tab, go
elsewhere, and then come back, to make JAWS read out the document. How
can i fix this?

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Attorney, Ira Law
Senior Associate Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy Rhodes Scholar
(India and Linacre 2018), University of Oxford Co-Founder, Mission
Accessibility Special Correspondent on the rights of persons with
disabilities, Oxford Human Rights Hub Coordinator of the working group
on accessibility, e-Committee, Supreme Court of India