Re: Jaws is crashing on my new Toshiba system with a 2.2ghz 64bit processor

Ann Byrne

Have you used JAWS successfully on the Toshiba?

A thousand years ago--at least five--when I bought a lovely new toshiba it crashed when I tried to use JAWS. the problem was that there were two video cards, and poor JAWS didn't know what to do. Disabling one of the cards fixed the problem.

I'm guessing that isn't what happened with yours, but just in case.

At 04:27 PM 5/13/2012, you wrote:
I run that version on win7 pro 64 bit and haven't experienced any
unusual level of problems. I would however suggest that you use the
download link off the freedomscientific.com website rather than the
auto-updater. I have had very mixed results trying to use the update
program that I've never had when using the full installer.

On 5/13/12, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Windows 7 Home and just updated my Jaws. they sent me the disk
and that is what I installed. When I check for updates it says 13.0.852 is

available. I am trying to get it downloaded and am hoping that will fix
this error. Is there a known problem with Jaws 13 on 64 bit systems?

I am also trying to get where I can capture the error and the offending
file. It is something that starts with MSVCR but I haven't been able to
catch the exact name of the file yet.

Any help would be appreciated although I am already aware that more info is

probably needed.

thanks.

Dan Beaver

Soronel Haetir