moderated Re: FS voice assist has access to my microphone and I don't want that

Gene Warner

I need to correct myself here. Apparently in the last JAWS update, Freedom Scientific decided to remove the option to disable Sharky. So if you want to disable it, you'll have to create an AdditionalSettings.ini file and put it in the same folder where you run the JAWS installer from.

To get information about how to do this run the installer with the /help command line option.

Gene...

On 7/14/2022 10:23 AM, Gene Warner wrote:
If you are referring to Sharky, in the settings center there is a setting to disable Sharky.
Until I started installing JAWS with all external services disabled, it was one of the first things I would do.
Gene...
On 7/14/2022 7:51 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
Hello,

I recently started seeing a message that says the freedom scientific
voice assistant has access to my microphone. I didn't think too much
of it until my laptop responded randomly to ambient sound when I was
nowhere near the keyboard.

I can see in settings how to turn off all access to the mic, but there
are some apps I want to have access. Jaws is not one of them, but I
don't see a checkbox to disable it. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Kim