moderated Re: windows 11 upgrade

Karen Reynolds

Thanks. I just tried that again and was able to get to the webpage. Not sure what was going on yesterday. I tried several times and it wouldn’t let me at the page. Today it works.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2022 4:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows 11 upgrade

Try pressing the escape key twice

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Karen Reynolds
Sent: July 15, 2022 3:30 PM

Thanks. At least I know it doesn’t work at all. I’m thinking of trying Firefox.

How do you get out of history once you get into it and press enter on a webpage you want to look at again? I can’t seem to get out of it and to the webpage.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2022 4:22 PM

Control shift o gets you into favourites; first-letter navigation doesn’t work for me either and I’m using the latest version of Windows 11

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Karen Reynolds
Sent: July 15, 2022 3:16 PM

I usually get that screen when I boot my computer after “Windows 11 upgrade” notice has been in notifications for a week or so. Sometimes I don’t always notice, but this has gone on for about a year. Perhaps once a month or so I get the notice. I press the decline button and then the not now button and that seems to make it go away for awhile.

I’ll move to it as soon as I can get Edge figured out. For some reason there are a couple of webpages I use that I can’t seem to figure out in Edge. Mostly downloading from BARD. I also can’t seem to be able to get into favorites as well as I do in IE. And the ones under imported from IE won’t let me use a first letter find on them, so I have to arrow a lot. I’m hoping once IE is gone and I’m using 11 that this will go away.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Drew Hunthausen
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2022 12:33 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: windows 11 upgrade

Hi list,

I came back from a trip last night and when I turned on my computer I was able to log in with Jaws like normal but then a screen came up for windows 11 upgrade. I only know this as I had a friend looking at through face time, but even with their help I could not get past it and just had a frend stop by and do it for me. Has anyone else encountered this and how do I go about fully declining the upgrade so this doesn’t happen again? Thanks so much

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.