moderated Re: windows 11 upgrade

Gene Warner

Unfortunately I don't have to worry about this, Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 but my Dell Latitude E6540 laptop only has TPM 1.2. :-(

Gene...

On 7/15/2022 12:53 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Drew. To prevent Windows 11 from trying to install in the future, install the following app. It will stop feature updates from installing, unless you turn it off. If using JAWS, during the install, use the Touch Cursor, SHIFT plus the PC Cursor key to tab through, and turn on the "Take Control" button. If you want a feature update to install, do the same thing, but turn off the "Take Control" button.
https://www.grc.com/files/incontrol.exe <https://www.grc.com/files/incontrol.exe>
Bill White
billwhite92701@... <mailto:billwhite92701@...>
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Drew Hunthausen
*Sent:* Friday, July 15, 2022 9:33 AM
*To:* jfw@groups.io
*Subject:* windows 11 upgrade
Hi list,
I came back from a trip last night and when I turned on my computer I was able to log in with Jaws like normal but then a screen came up for windows 11 upgrade. I only know this as I had a friend looking at through face time, but even with their help I could not get past it and just had a frend stop by and do it for me. Has anyone else encountered this and how do I go about fully declining the upgrade so this doesn’t happen again? Thanks so much