From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 7:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: FS voice assist has access to my microphone and I don't want that

If you are referring to Sharky, in the settings center there is a
setting to disable Sharky.

Until I started installing JAWS with all external services disabled, it
was one of the first things I would do.

Gene...

On 7/14/2022 7:51 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
Hello,

I recently started seeing a message that says the freedom scientific
voice assistant has access to my microphone. I didn't think too much
of it until my laptop responded randomly to ambient sound when I was
nowhere near the keyboard.

I can see in settings how to turn off all access to the mic, but there
are some apps I want to have access. Jaws is not one of them, but I
don't see a checkbox to disable it. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Kim