From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 7:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: FS voice assist has access to my microphone and I don't want that

Thanks, that’s good to know. I’m curious why an app like Jaws needs a voice assistant at all.

Sent from Kimber's Red iPhone
” those who seek to band books are wrong, no matter how dangerous books can be.“ Viet Thanh Nguyen

On Jul 14, 2022, at 10:23 AM, Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:

If you are referring to Sharky, in the settings center there is a setting to disable Sharky.

Until I started installing JAWS with all external services disabled, it was one of the first things I would do.

Gene...

On 7/14/2022 7:51 AM, Kimber Gardner wrote:
Hello,
I recently started seeing a message that says the freedom scientific
voice assistant has access to my microphone. I didn't think too much
of it until my laptop responded randomly to ambient sound when I was
nowhere near the keyboard.
I can see in settings how to turn off all access to the mic, but there
are some apps I want to have access. Jaws is not one of them, but I
don't see a checkbox to disable it. Can someone help?
Thanks,
Kim