From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of mike mcglashon
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 7:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: illusion of a floating cursor in jaws when marking and selecting text

Hi guys:

I have a question regarding marking and selecting text.

When in notepad with jaws 2022.2206… and windows 10 21h2,

When I do a ctrl windows k to mark a spot,

Then move down some lines and do a shift space followed by m to select the block of text,

I then do a copy to clip board,

When I go to paste it in somewhere else, or,

If I do a ctrl x to cut the text,

It seems that jaws does not truly know what to copy or cut.

When I either copy, cut, or delete,

It either selects more than I wanted, or not enough.

This gives me the illusion that the cursor jumps around?

This is real annoying because I presume that when I do a ctrl windows k and then move somewhere else and do a shift space followed by m to select the block of text,

I presume that jaws will only select what I told it too, no more no less?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...