moderated Re: illusion of a floating cursor in jaws when marking and selecting text

Gene Warner

I just tried this and it copied exactly what I had selected using the mark beginning and mark ending commands you used.

That is not to say that what you describe isn't happening, it just says that I can't reproduce it.

Gene...

On 7/13/2022 7:09 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:
Hi guys:
I have a question regarding marking and selecting text.
When in notepad with jaws 2022.2206… and windows 10 21h2,
When I do a ctrl windows k to mark a spot,
Then move down some lines and do a shift space followed by m to select the block of text,
I then do a copy to clip board,
When I go to paste it in somewhere else, or,
If I do a ctrl x to cut the text,
It seems that jaws does not truly know what to copy or cut.
When I either copy, cut, or delete,
It either selects more than I wanted, or not enough.
This gives me the illusion that the cursor jumps around?
This is real annoying because I presume that when I do a ctrl windows k and then move somewhere else and do a shift space followed by m to select the block of text,
I presume that jaws will only select what I told it too, no more no less?
Please advise as you like.
Mike M.
Mike mcglashon
Email: Michael.mcglashon@... <mailto:Michael.mcglashon@...>