moderated Re: Outlook Rules

Rod & Ele Macdonald

Hello Brian,

In December I purchased a new desktop – HP Envy I7, Windows 11 and Office 2021. Best Buy set it all up. I tried to make accessibility adjustments where I knew how.

Given that I am not sure everything is in optimum order in terms of settings, the Home screen consists of the following (e.g., Alt+H and then cycle with tTab):

Home

New Email Alt+H, N

Delete Alt+D

Archive Alt+O

Move Alt+H, M, V

Reply Ctrl+R

Reply All Ctrl+Shift+R

Forweard Ctrl+F

Quick Steps Alt+H, Q, S

Unread/ Read Ctrl+U/Ctrl-Q

Follow Up Alt+H, U

Search People

Addresss Book Ctrl+Shift+B

Filter Email Alt+H, L

Send/Receive All Folders Alt+H, S

More Commands, Home Alt+H

Ribbon Display Options

File Tab

Search

No sign of Rules here, but I found “Rules” twiced: Once with  a KeyTip of Alt+H, S; and once on “More Commands” as just a control – no access letter, and when I pressed it it just took me back to the message list.

I had a brief introduction to Office 2013, but nothing since until I got 2021; so I don’t know what may have changed.

The above references Outlook only. I wqill get to Word soon.

I hope this helps.

Rod

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2022 10:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook Rules

Rod,

If you find out that the Home Ribbon (or any other) has been rearranged in any of the Office versions subsequent to Office 2016 please do post about that here.

I have Office 2016, but have worked with Office 2019 and M365, and have not seen any differences in the ribbons for Word that I can recall.  I would be shocked if Office 2021 were to vary from either Office 2019 or M365 in terms of the ribbons for any of the most commonly used Office suite programs.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.