moderated Re: Replacement for Thunderbird?

Gene Warner

Then 102 should be marked as a beta and not an official release which is how it is marked in their releases directory.

Gene...

On 7/10/2022 8:01 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
What I can't figure out is why anyone who is not a typical beta user is upgrading to Thunderbird 102 <https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/102.0/releasenotes/>. From the noted page: Thunderbird version 102.0 is only offered as direct download from thunderbird.net and not as an upgrade from Thunderbird version 91 or earlier. A future release will provide updates from earlier versions.
There could be quite a few changes before it hits the release channel. Those choosing to use beta software need to understand what that entails.  I still have 91.11.0 and a check for updates from the help menu clearly indicates that's the latest version on the release channel.
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
*     ~ Lauren Bacall