moderated Re: Replacement for Thunderbird?

Gene Warner

First there was this new Spaces button in the tab order that I would have preferred to be able to remove as I did not need it, but I could live with that.

What really did it for and caused me to go back to 91 was that the address book was completely different, so different that it wasn't a matter of just getting used to it, I found it much more difficult to manage. The simple list of contacts was gone, it was replaced with a drop down list. So I looked for options that might restore the address book to what I preferred, but could not find anything.

Gene...

On 7/10/2022 7:32 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
Hmmm, I'm running 102, and it seems basically the same to me.  What problems were you having?
CH
On 7/10/2022 18:29, Gene Warner wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently upgraded Thunderbird to version 102 from version91 and wow! I did not like the changes at all, in fact I just finished downgrading it back to version 91.

The problem now is that I won't be getting any more updates, especially any security fixes that might come up. So now I am in the hunt for something to replace it. I don't need the kitchen sink thrown at me like Outlook does. I just need a simple and accessible email client that can do IMAP. I use GMail and want to keep my email on the server. Any recommendations?

I was also using Thunderbird's RSS capability  to monitor the podcasts for new episodes to download on my Victor Reader since I have it set up for manual downloading of podcast episodes, but that is for another topic.

Thanks!

Gene...