moderated Re: Replacement for Thunderbird?

Chris Hill

Hmmm, I'm running 102, and it seems basically the same to me.  What problems were you having?

CH

On 7/10/2022 18:29, Gene Warner wrote:
Hi everyone!

I recently upgraded Thunderbird to version 102 from version91 and wow! I did not like the changes at all, in fact I just finished downgrading it back to version 91.

The problem now is that I won't be getting any more updates, especially any security fixes that might come up. So now I am in the hunt for something to replace it. I don't need the kitchen sink thrown at me like Outlook does. I just need a simple and accessible email client that can do IMAP. I use GMail and want to keep my email on the server. Any recommendations?

I was also using Thunderbird's RSS capability  to monitor the podcasts for new episodes to download on my Victor Reader since I have it set up for manual downloading of podcast episodes, but that is for another topic.

Thanks!

Gene...