moderated Re: Outlook Rules

Rod & Ele Macdonald

Brian,

Thanks. I misspoke on the access: I do use a QWERTY keyboard for input, but braille-only to read.

Also, I am using Office 2021, not 365. I chose Office 2021 because, at age 81, I don’t recurring payments.

After a little research with sighted help, I think I have found at least part of the problem:

Before getting into all this I did my research and found recommended settings – turn Reading Pane off, turn “conversations” off, turn to-Do bar off. I thought I did all that.

For turning the Reading Pane off, the instruction was to press Alt+V, P, N, O. I did that. There was no response other than to have Alt+V on the display.

I just had a sighted person check, and the rReading Pane was on. I had someone turn it off with the mouse.

With respect to the rules: I noticed that when I pressed Alt0+H, there was no “Keytip” beginning with “R”. I eventually found “Rules” under a heading I can’t remember now, but it was not on the Home screen itself.

This implies that Office 2021 may be set up a bit differently. There seems to be very little in the way of documentation specific to Office 2021, though I do have a keystroke list that is for this version.

OK, my apologies again. I am taking a step back and will call Microsoft Disability Herlp Desk as soon as I can arrange for an interpreter (I am deaf and need assistance with calls). I have written down the help you have already provided and will be using it once I am sure I am on “safe” ground.

Thanks,

Rod