moderated Re: Scanners for convenient OCR and Open Book

Gene Warner

Hi Glenn!

The problem is that I don't see any such controls for scanner resolution or color mode or anything else in either JAWS or Open Book. That is why I am thinking that a scanner designed to scan documents instead of photos or for general purpose would work better. My scanner allows me to set up scanning profiles with all of settings preset and can even define one profile as the default profile, but no matter how I set it, I get the same results, which makes me think that both programs bypass the scanner's profiles.

Gene...

On 7/7/2022 12:46 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hi Gene,
I don't know if one made for documents would give you better results, as it
is more a factor of the resolution, which you can change in the scanner's
software.
I've had good luck with my color scanners, one is a cannon scanner and the
other is a all-in one printer scanner.
The all in one I have now wirelessly connects to my router and is in the
network, but is a pain if I have a lot to scan, going back and forth from
one room to another.
The one I had before wasn't meant for a network, but I connected it to my
router and found it in the network and made it work.
I'm not even sure if they make any any more that don't do color.
Glenn