moderated Re: isolating text in a particular colour in word

Ann Byrne

Awesome instructions!  Skim reading with JAWS will search for colors as well.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 1:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: isolating text in a particular colour in word

Hi Rahul,

I’m going to provide what I hope will help you locate blue text in your Word document. The instructions I’m providing were done on a system running Windows 10, Fusion 2020, and Word 2019 so if any of my steps differ from yours, it might be due to that. Also, when searching for colors, I’m assuming whoever marked the color in your document used the standard color blue and not some derivation thereof.

From the top of the Word document containing the blue text, do the following:

  1. Press ctrl + h to open the find and replace dialog.
  2. You should be located In the find what text box but you can press alt + n to move there and type an * which is a wildcard to find anything.
  3. Press alt + m to open the more options.
  4. Press alt + u to tick the box to use wildcards.
  5. Press alt + o to open the Format drop-down list and arrow to Font and press enter.
  6. Press alt + c to open the Font color drop-down box and down arrow until you hear Standard colors and then right arrow to blue and press enter.
  7. Tab to the Ok button and press enter.
  8. Press alt + f to initiate the find next and you should be taken to the first occurrence of blue text in your document.
  9. Press esc to close the find and replace dialog so you can repeatedly press shift + F4 to navigate to the next occurrences of blue text within the document.

I hope this helps but write back if the steps are confusing, don’t work, or if you have more questions.

Alan Lemly