moderated Re: Duplicating JAWS settings on a second computer

Gene Warner

I agree with doing it this way, especially after I had the import utility refuse to import any of my settings from an export file. It is now also my preferred way to backup my settings.

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 4:51 PM, Steve Nutt wrote:
Hi,
A better way in my view than using JAWS export/import stuff, is to go to Utilities, then Explore Utilities Folder, then Explore My Settings.
Once in there, Copy Control A and Control C, everything to the clipboard,  and paste it onto a USB stick or another drive.
Next go into the other JAWS machine, go to Utilities, Explore Utilities, Explore My Settings, and paste everything in there that you copied.
This assumes that both versions of JAWS are the same version, but all the scripts and everything should come over.
All the best
Steve
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Curtis Chong
*Sent:* 09 June 2022 02:33
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: Duplicating JAWS settings on a second computer
Bill:
I do not know. I suspect there is a user folder that can be copied in its entirety to capture custom scripts, etc. But since I have never done this, my advice here would be, at best, guess work.
Warmly,
Curtis Chong
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Bill White
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 08, 2022 7:23 PM
Hi, Curtis. Will the Export function of JAWS export custom scripts contained in the JAWS folders, or only the normal JAWS settings?
Bill White
billwhite92701@... <mailto:billwhite92701@...>
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Curtis Chong
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 8, 2022 6:18 PM
Mark:
Take a look at the Import/Export Settings functions in the JAWS Utilities Menu.
Cordially,
Curtis Chong
*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Mark
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 08, 2022 7:17 PM
*Subject:* Duplicating JAWS settings on a second computer
Does any one know of good references for copying JAWS settings from one computer to a second computer?  I have some scripts I want to be sure to have, amongst other settings, sounds, and things.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.