Hi Vicky!

Curiosity question here. Since you are allowed to activate JAWS on up to three computers with just one license, is there a reason why you couldn't just do that with the other computer instead of buying a separate license for it?

Gene...

On 7/6/2022 12:17 AM, Vicky Collins wrote:
Just to respond back to this long thread to confirm that I did indeed call FS today, and I couldn’t be happier as I certainly got more than I expected from the call. I was able to renew my SMA for the $120 plus the state sales tax, and I also opted to get the Home Annual license for three years for the $228 plus the sales tax since I have more than one computer.
I spoke with Kathleen at FS, and she went out of her way to be very helpful, even during this convention week when the FS folks were really busy and working extra hours. I did ask about the $210/$168 for the SMA, and while she did believe me when I told her what pricing the website showed, she wasn’t sure why it was showing those prices. I also asked if the reduced prices on the three and five year JAWS Home Annual licenses were the regular prices as the website indicated or convention specials, and she confirmed those were the convention prices.
I had to get a different serial number for the three year license than I had for the one year one. However, since my license for the Home Annual one year didn’t expire until the end of August, Kathleen very nicely disabled that license as of now and added those days onto my new three year license so I wouldn’t lose those 57 days with the change in license term.
Kathleen also offered to send me an email with my serial number and authorization code for the SMA renewal I purchased. And seeing as I only had that original CD or DVD or whatever where the braille was pretty much becoming unreadable, I was happy to take her up on that offer. And just in case I would happen to need it, she also sent me the same information for my OpenBook software.
Thus, I am very pleased with my purchase experience and purchases and hope things also turn out well for the rest of you.
*From: *Kestrel Verlager <mailto:kestrell@...>
*Sent: *Monday, July 4, 2022 3:24 PM
*To: *main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License
Thanks!
Kestrell
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Vicky Collins
*Sent:* Monday, July 4, 2022 9:17 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
That’s what I got as well, even though the email from FS reminding me of  the renewal seemed to talk about links to all the options. So to find the three and five year options, pick the shop online link from the main FS website, then the software for home link, then the JAWS Home Annual  link, and then scroll down and you’ll find the link for the three and five year options after the description of the one year license.