From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 2:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft default OCR engine with JAWS convenient OCR

Maybe so, but I've gotten pure garbage from the JAWS default engine but got decent results from the same document from the Microsoft engine.

And then again I've also gotten garbage from Microsoft's engine and got good results from the default engine.

So I prefer to think that it depends on what you are scanning.

Gene...

On 7/5/2022 1:56 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
Jaws is using omnipage, likely a lot better than anything MS includes
for free.

On 7/5/2022 12:07, Loy wrote:
There is an option in JAWS to use Microsoft's default OCR engine with
JAWS convenient OCR. Is it a better OCR engine than the one that
comes with JAWS?