moderated Re: Microsoft default OCR engine with JAWS convenient OCR

dennis

i would just do a quick test with both and see wich one works best for you.

On 7/5/2022 12:43 PM, Gene Warner wrote:
Hi Loy!

From my experience, Freedom Scientific doesn't always use the best OCR engines, I am not sure what OCR engine is used if you leave this turned off, but I have found that it is often dependent on the document you are scanning as to which engine is the best to use, the JAWS default, or the Microsoft engine. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer, sorry.

Gene...

On 7/5/2022 1:07 PM, Loy wrote:
There is an option in JAWS to use Microsoft's default OCR engine with JAWS convenient OCR. Is it a better OCR engine than  the one that comes with JAWS?

Avast logo