The point is that they specifically choose not to, as I am sure that they have received plenty of complaints about this very thing and apparently have chosen not to do anything about it because it is still a problem.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore, all I wanted is a way to get my photos off the phone and now I have that, so I consider the whole thing closed until its time to get a new phone. And then I will make my thoughts clear by voting with my wallet!

Gene...

On 7/4/2022 3:55 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Gene. Apple does make accessibility a priority for its users, when using Apple products. But they cannot possibly assure that apps for Windows will be accessible. If you were using a Mac, the app would most certainly be accessible to you.
Bill White
billwhite92701@...
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 10:41 AM
To: JAWS support list
Subject: JAWS and Apple's iCloud?
Hi everyone!
I am trying to transfer all of my photos from my iPhone to my PC, but so
far haven't had any luck. First, using Edge I logged into my Apple ID
then went to my iCloud drive with no problems. Then when I tried to
select my photos so I could download them, my iCloud drive seemed empty
even though it was reporting having something like 78 photos. I even
tried using the touch cursor but still had no luck.
Then I was told that I should install iCloud for Windows and it would
download my photos for me, so I did. Now I not only find that I cannot
access anything on my iCloud drive, the app won't stay loaded. It used
to have a notification area icon but that never shows up any more even
though all three startup programs that Apple installed are turned in the
Windows 10 settings program.
So what do I do now? I know I could just email the pictures to myself,
but with almost 80 photos, that would be quite tedious.
I thought Apple was committed to full accessibility for all of their
products and I know that iCloud for Windows is an Apple product. Had I
known that Apple would make it this difficult, I'd have emailed the
photos to myself as soon as I took them.
Thanks!
Gene...