moderated Re: Changing From One License Type to Another: Additional Costs?

Annabelle Susan Morison

I have a Home Annual license with JAWS 2021, as I have it on a Windows 10 machine which I got in May of 2021. What do I do when the license expires? Would I have to pay extra to get it renewed? If so, how much?

On 07/03/2022 6:02 AM Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

 Oh my goodness,you are so far behind with JAWS that FS would probably charge you at least $500 to bring your SMA up to date.  I presume you are using JAWS 15 with Windows 7 because such an old version of JAWS is not compatible with Windows 10 or 11.  Therefore, if you are planning to buy a new computer with Windows 10 or 11 and update toJAWS 2022, your best bet by far is to stick with the annual license option.  It will only cost you $95 for a one year license, which is only $20 more than the one year cost of a two year SMA whose regular price is$150.

Gerald

On 7/3/2022 8:47 AM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
The most recent version my SMA currently supports is JAWS version 15.

Depending on your last SMA version, you could upgrade to a current SMA by paying the upgrade cost from that previous version. But if it is not a recent version the price may be more than you want to pay.