moderated Re: drag and drop instructions

Gene Warner

Agreed, I'm going to have an Aira agent move my Pop Peeper icon to where I want it the next time I need to do a Team Viewer session with them.

Gene...

On 7/2/2022 1:51 AM, Tom X via groups.io wrote:
Firstly, thanks to those who answered my query about drag and drop.
A number of possible solutions, including one supplied by Mike and others found with Google, were tried but nothing worked.
Secondly,I am attempting to rearrange some accounts in Thunderbird and drag and drop seems to be the method used.
It appears that the easiest solution may be to get a pair of eyes to do it.
Cheers
Tom
On 2/07/2022 2:58 pm, Curtis Chong wrote:
The question is, why do need to do a drag and drop? Isn’t there an alternate procedure?

On Jul 1, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:

I just tried drag and drop on my windows 10 system and it didn't work, in fact it made such a mess of things that I am going to have to restart just to clean it all up.

Go figure!
Gene...

On 7/1/2022 9:49 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Tom,
About the only place I drag and drop is on the Taskbar, but this is the best method I've learned of for Windows 10.  Below Win10's steps will be the keystroke for Win11, and you can always try the Win10 keystroke with Win11 in other areas than the Taskbar.
Win10:
  From: Sieghard Weitzel
With Jaws 2021 or 2022 I can drag and drop anything at will and in seconds, not sure why this doesn't work for you and I'm not saying drag and drop
works everywhere, but on the taskbar it works 100% of the time and it's
simply a matter of going to the icon you want to drag, pressing the,
Control + Jaws Key + NumPad Slash key combination, arrowing to where you want to
drop it and pressing the key combination again.
Sieghard
Win11:
From: Ben Moxey
Windows 11 has dedicated keystrokes built-in for moving taskbar icons. Simply hold Alt and Shift, and use your left and right arrows. Note that your screen
reader doesn’t announce that it’s moving them at this stage, but it works.
Ben
Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
PSA Folks: You can still get gas for under a dollar fifty at Taco Bell!