moderated Re: Is "Eloq.sbl" Still Applicable?

Hareth

Hi Annabelle,
"Eloq.sbl" works for me, I've edited it many years back to read Arabic
in a way I understand on the fly and real quick without having to
change the tts voice to anything other than eloquence. But I don't use
the user data directory.
Instead I replace it with the default one in the:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\20xx\SETTINGS\eloq.sbl"
replace the "xx" with 21 in your case and open the folder as:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2021\SETTINGS\"
Paste the file and replace it following the prompts, that would do it.
TC

On 6/30/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
Is "Eloq.sbl" still applicable in later versions of JAWS like JAWS 2021? The
reason why I'm asking this is because I want to add some characters that
JAWS seems to ignore when I type them. Particularly things like smileys and
characters of foreign languages like Japanese, Russian, Hebrew, and Greek.
By the way, what's the difference between "Eloq.sbl", "Eloqmain.dct", and
"Eloquence.vpf"?