moderated Re: JAWS speaking lines from previous screens

Gene Warner

I got a response from Freedom Scientific and all they said was that they couldn't reproduce what I was seeing so as far as they're concerned, the problem is with my system and not with JAWS. Honestly I get that response from them all the time. It's gotten to the point that I sometimes wonder why I even bother contacting their tech support. To me it seems like if it isn't something they want to deal with, they just blame it on the users system and close the case.

Gene...

On 6/30/2022 7:26 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I also have noticed similar behavior when reading email.  JAWS sometimes will read something from a previous website that I had visited between reading the subject and message body of the email that I am reading.
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com
On 6/30/2022 1:59 PM, Gene Warner wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm curious if anyone has noticed this apparent bug that for me has been there for quite a while. I copied this from an email I just sent to Freedom Scientific.

While visiting the Walmart web site at
www.walmart.com
 whenever I'd use the form field list (insert+F5) or the links list (insert+F7) JAWS reads lines from the about JAWS dialog I viewed earlier before it
reads from the list I called up. See the speech history below, it is from just after pressing insert+F5.

--- speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
Walmart.com | Save Money. Live Better - Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge
Select a Form Field  dialog

To be honest JAWS frequently reads lines from screens that were closed a while ago. It's like JAWS does not completely clear the speech buffer after it has said something thus leaving some garbage behind to be unnecessarily read again and again.

Here's another example, this one was from visiting amazon.com and calling up the JAWS find dialog.

---speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
JAWS Find  dialog
Find what:  edit combo

You can see that same line from the about JAWS dialog being read yet again. And again this dialog was closed hours ago.

Gene...