From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: June 30, 2022 06:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox 102

I wasn't aware of shift+enter, which does take care of my major gripe.
Though I do also use the right-click menu for copy-link and save-download.

On 6/30/22, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
Oh, let me see right now. Not sure I've tried the context menu yet.
however, to open in a new tab, I press ctrl-enter, and to open in a
new window, shift-enter.
The only thing I usually use the right click menu for is to copy links
to share them, or to save a file associated with a link, say to
download a podcast episode or something similar.
And testing it now, yes, i see the problem. Damn, that's unfortunate.
Now I just switched to nVDA v21.3, where the context menu seems to be
working as expected. So that's interesting. I guess, wait for a JAWS
or Firefox update -- maybe it can be fixed on either end.
In the meantime, try those keyboard commands I guess (ctrl-enter,
shift-enter, ctrl-s to save, though the last isn't as convenient as
using the context menu on a link since you dont' ahve to go there in
order to save
anything)