From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 3:00 PM
To: JAWS support list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: JAWS speaking lines from previous screens

Hi everyone!

I'm curious if anyone has noticed this apparent bug that for me has been there for quite a while. I copied this from an email I just sent to Freedom Scientific.

While visiting the Walmart web site at
www.walmart.com
whenever I'd use the form field list (insert+F5) or the links list
(insert+F7) JAWS reads lines from the about JAWS dialog I viewed earlier before it reads from the list I called up. See the speech history below, it is from just after pressing insert+F5.

--- speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
Walmart.com | Save Money. Live Better - Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge Select a Form Field dialog
--- end ---

To be honest JAWS frequently reads lines from screens that were closed a while ago. It's like JAWS does not completely clear the speech buffer after it has said something thus leaving some garbage behind to be unnecessarily read again and again.

Here's another example, this one was from visiting amazon.com and calling up the JAWS find dialog.

---speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
JAWS Find dialog
Find what: edit combo

You can see that same line from the about JAWS dialog being read yet again. And again this dialog was closed hours ago.

Gene...

https://www.avg.com