moderated Re: Firefox 102

JM Casey

I've used Firefox for years and years, since my Windows XP days.
There were times when it's been a bit slow to load pages, which I think actually has a lot to do witht eh screen-reader trying to load things into a virtual buffer.
Can't have a huge number of tabs open at once compared with chromium browsers.
But Firefox is way, way better for privacy than anything chromium. And as my friend, a much more knowledgeable coder/developer than i will ever be, explained to me the otehr day, the way chrome and some of its chromium derivatives work will soon stop ad-blockers from working. That is inttolerable for me, so, I expect I'll be leaning more heavily on Firefox even than I am now, and just using chrome for youtube and other google products, where it seems, unsurprisingly, to be way m ore efficient.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: June 29, 2022 11:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox 102

I second that motion. I tried Firefox several years ago when Microsoft was still supporting Internet Explorer and found that JAWS' support for it wasn't very good compared to how well it supported IE.

I still think that JAWS hasn't supported any other browser as well as it did IE.

Gene...

On 6/29/2022 11:18 PM, Curtis Chong wrote:
Sorry. Wrong email. Firefox is not the browser to be using these days. You should switch to Chrome or Edge Chromium. Both of these behave pretty much the same as Firefox without breaking things for the blind.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph
Machise
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 7:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox 102

chris it never stops.
----- Original Message -----
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 8:56 AM
Subject: Firefox 102

Right now, I'd say it is a don't download. The applications key
doesn't seem to work with jaws running, and neither do keys like the k
for play/stop in youtube. Applications key works fine in NVDA, go figure.

CH

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.