From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 7:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jfw and OCR?

Hello Claudia:

There is a marked difference between PDF documents as opposed to Word or Excel files. With regard to the latter two types of files, you can unprotect these files after they are opened in protected view. There is a way to set Word and Excel up so that these files do not open in protected view. If you want those details, let us know.

As for PDF files, you can set security up in Adobe Acrobat so that Protected View is not used. However, to be realistic, I can’t recommend a specific solution unless I can get a sample of one of those protected documents—something which your employer would not allow.

Sorry.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong