From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2022 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Pinning apps to taskbar question

If an apps are pinned to your task bar they will be in an order. You should press windows key plus T to go to the task bar and then use your right arrow to go through them in order. I just looked at my task bar and Word is in the third position. I can launch Word from anywhere by pressing windows key plus 3. You should only pin those items you use most frequently since you can only use numbers 1 through 9. I have Word, Chrome, and Out look pinned to my task bar. Quite often your computer comes with apps already pinned to the task bar. If you don’t want those apps on the task bar you can unpin them. To do this go to your task bar and find the app you want to unpin. Press your application key or shift f10 and arrow down until you find “unpin” and press enter. That will change the number of all the apps that are pinned after it. I gave the example that Word is Windows 3 so if I unpin the app that is in the second position Word will move to that position and I will use windows key 2. I am sure this explanation is confusing so if you want to talk instead of emailing you can send me an email at marianne@....