Hi Bill and everyone else!

I just checked this and discovered that while the notification history itself is not backed up by the import/export utility, the notification rules are backed up.

Gene...

On 6/22/2022 4:17 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Gene. I would be interested to know if the notification history and the rules are exported when using the Import/Export Settings feature of Utilities.
Bill White
billwhite92701@...
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 1:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Notification History and Rules Feature in JAWS 2022
Thanks for that! I was just wondering where those files were. I would
have expected the rules file to be in with my settings where they could
easily be backed up if desired.
Gene...
On 6/22/2022 3:52 PM, Bill White wrote:
If any of us should begin using the new Notification History and Rules
feature in JAWS 2022, and find that we have made changes that are
undesirable, here's how to set everything back to the defaults for
Notification History and Rules. I got this from Eric at FreedomScientific.

*To Remove Notification History And/Or Rules*

1. Open JAWS Menu with INSERT plus J.

2. Arrow down to Utilities sub menu and press ENTER.

3. Arrow down to Explore Utilities Folder and press ENTER.

4. Arrow down to Explore My Settings and press ENTER.

5. Press BACKSPACE to ascend one folder.

6. Find the folder called Notifications, and press ENTER.

7. To remove notification history, remove the following file,

Notifications.json

8. To remove notification rules, remove the following file,

notification.rules.json

Bill White

billwhite92701@... <mailto:billwhite92701@...>