moderated Re: Pinning apps to taskbar question

Van Lant, Robin

Even in Windows 10, I’m finding the Taskbar icons are faster at opening than launching from the desktop shortcut.   I don’t  typically remember to use the Windows key number combo, but I’ll use Windows T, then arrow to what I want. I have the icons in order of what I open more frequently.  I also like that it will tell me if the program is already running, which can be nice if I have a lot open.  I think the reason I started using taskbar was that it was really straightforward to search for an a app in the start menu, then do a context menu to add to task bar. My recollection is that it took more steps to add to the desktop, ten go create a shortcut, so I tried the task bar. Now, I tend to open applications from  the task bar and leave my desktop for network folder shortcuts and  shortcuts to specific web applications I use here at work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 6:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Pinning apps to taskbar question

Hi Loy,

Especially with Windows 11, pinning shortcuts to the Taskbar helps a lot.  When I have Dropbox running shortcut keystrokes assigned to the desktop shortcuts take forever to respond, if they respond at all.  But, with my most used shortcuts pinned to the Taskbar I get immediate response when Dropbox is running.

For regular use when Dropbox isn't running the Taskbar shortcuts still respond quicker than keystrokes assigned to the desktop shortcuts.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
PSA Folks: You can still get gas for under a dollar fifty at Taco Bell!