From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Confusing jaws functions

Hi, Ralph. The easiest of these to explain is pass key through. If you are
on a website, and you need to click something like a button or a link, and
it won't respond to pressing ENTER or SPACE, you can use JAWS Key plus the
number three on the numbers row to send the ENTER key directly to the
website, and bypass sending it through the screen reader.

root jaws cursor to pc and vice versa are used when you are trying to click
something in a program, but the cursor is not focused on the element which
you are trying to make respond. Sometimes, even if you use the TAB or Arrow
keys, the PC cursor is stuck somewhere, and won't move to the element,
because it is expecting mouse movement, not arrow movement. I have had
greatest success when routing the PC Cursor to the JAWS cursor. This often
causes the thing you are trying to click, such as a check box, to respond.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...