moderated Re: downloading Google Chrome

Marie Nelson

A good alternative is the Ninit chrome installer which always installs the latest version and never any extras.

Marie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2022 7:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: downloading Google Chrome

Hi, Kevin. Be careful when perusing the web for download. Before the Web Results, there are often ads for places to download software, and these often bundle extra software with the product for which the ad is placed. I usually skip these, and go directly to Web Results when searching for download sites.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2022 6:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: downloading Google Chrome

Hello, I was having problems with Google Chrome and decided to download a new free version. Before I download a new version I uninstalled the existing one. I then used FireFox to get the free download. I got the message saying I had to click on a install in the upper right corner of the screen. There was nothing called install in that corner using the Jaws cursor. I tabbed and arrowed through the screen. I couldn’t find anyway to download the free version. I never had this problem using Google Chrome to download new version. Am I missing somethingg when using FireFox to get the free download version of Google Chrome? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.