moderated Re: Curiosity: What makes people choose Jaws over NVDA?

Josh Kennedy

I grew up with Keysoft version 1.33F for dos on a grid laptop and keynote gold SA synthesizer box from 1992, then got megaDots and used it with master touch screen reader. Then for the internet the school got me ASAP for dos that I used with a braille lite18 for its speech in 1995. My mom got me windows master screen reader by Blazie Engineering so I could play with windows 3.1 which I used with my braille lite but it froze when trying to use excel for windows3.1 and Blazie never fixed it. Then I got jaws 2.1 or 2.2 for windows95, switch to NVDA for a good while after college because jaws was not affordable. Then went back to jaws as soon as it became affordable for the average home user around 2018 or 2017 or so. And when I had jaws I used everything from decTalk access32, text assist, infovox230, keynote gold multinedia, and a braille lite18 for its speech synthesizers. But please freedom scientific bring back decTalk software 4.1 through 4.6. I offer you dlls if you need them to add them into jaws.