From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 9:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF files?

Claudia,
Hang in there. Depending on how much of what you are currently dealing with will be ongoing actions you need to do versus a one time or only periodic task, don't be afraid to ask if someone, such as an executive assistant can come help you. I've had to do this with inaccessible programs or ones that just take so much time to navigate and figure out for the random times I need to do a task. You might also consider subscribing to AIRA, assuming you have a smart phone and reasonable cell service in your office. While they are unlikely to be able to connect to your PC to do the task for you due to firewalls, you can potentially accomplish some tasks with them by holding up the phone to your monitor. I started using this service when we were working from home and I couldn't just go ask a co-worker to read an inaccessible screen to me. If there are aspects of the training that you could do on your home PC, you can actually have AIRA use Team Viewer to take control of your computer and move faster to get the job done. If you are an ACB member, and maybe with NFB, you can get 30 minutes per month for $20, plus 5 minutes free every few hours. My tasks often take less than 5 minutes, so I don't' even tap into my paid minutes for a while. If there is a month where I have a lot to do, I can buy extra minutes.

I'm feeling your pain with some new software at work that just feels like it's eating my confidence, energy and time. I've been thinking to find a coworker who will sit down with me to help me figure out the layout of this software and what is happening when I click various things. I think that having a sense of this would help me gain some efficiency. Again, I might use AIRA to do this.

Hug to you.
Robin