moderated Re: PDF files?

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...>

Very well said, Robin.

Just a comment on training courses. We have to take mandatory security training courses every year, and some of those have the worst accessibility issues. I find that some of the administrative tasks, such as these training courses, performance self-assessments, etc. are harder to navigate than the actual tasks I need to do for my job.

In my current job, I have been working from home for about 16 years, and I agree with Robin that AIRA can be a big help if I am unable to figure out an inaccessible screen. I have also used their service when people send me screen shots that I cannot read. To me, it is worth having a monthly subscription to AIRA just to help get through these kinds of situations in a timely manner.

All the best to you, Claudia, and hang in there!

Pam

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 9:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF files?

Claudia,
Hang in there. Depending on how much of what you are currently dealing with will be ongoing actions you need to do versus a one time or only periodic task, don't be afraid to ask if someone, such as an executive assistant can come help you. I've had to do this with inaccessible programs or ones that just take so much time to navigate and figure out for the random times I need to do a task. You might also consider subscribing to AIRA, assuming you have a smart phone and reasonable cell service in your office. While they are unlikely to be able to connect to your PC to do the task for you due to firewalls, you can potentially accomplish some tasks with them by holding up the phone to your monitor. I started using this service when we were working from home and I couldn't just go ask a co-worker to read an inaccessible screen to me. If there are aspects of the training that you could do on your home PC, you can actually have AIRA use Team Viewer to take control of your computer and move faster to get the job done. If you are an ACB member, and maybe with NFB, you can get 30 minutes per month for $20, plus 5 minutes free every few hours. My tasks often take less than 5 minutes, so I don't' even tap into my paid minutes for a while. If there is a month where I have a lot to do, I can buy extra minutes.

I'm feeling your pain with some new software at work that just feels like it's eating my confidence, energy and time. I've been thinking to find a coworker who will sit down with me to help me figure out the layout of this software and what is happening when I click various things. I think that having a sense of this would help me gain some efficiency. Again, I might use AIRA to do this.

Hug to you.
Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claudia
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 5:39 PM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Okay,

So, I have Adobe Acrobat DC on the work computer with Narrator still, and there are forms requiring signature.
We can digitally sign these forms, using our government digital signature, but I still am unable to figure out where to place the signature on the form.

Claudia

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christine Laton
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 8:03 AM

Hi,

I'm with you-just started a new job with a decent amount of PDF use. It seems like forms are pretty accessible, but I would definitely ask for the pro version if not already given to you.

Maybe we can tag team on things we figure out. I have to figure out how to trim pages today.

Christine

On Jun 10, 2022, at 12:15 AM, Claudia <claudiadr2013@...> wrote:

Hello, I started a new job this week and they do a lot with PDF files. On my previous job, I really had no issue with this. I used the latest version of Jaws but there are a lot of forms that require us to fill them out. Is there any way to reasonably do this using jars? Also, since Jaws has built in OCR, is there even a need for me to request for cro while, as another accommodation, at this point? Thanks.

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.