moderated Re: New Subscriber Contemplating Switching from NVDA to JAWS with A Few Questions

James Malone <james.malone93502@...>

From reading the post, Lanie was indeed aware that Jaws uses
"scripts". The question was more in regards to the best places to
obtain said scripts. NVDA has a couple of repositories for it's
addons, they (and now I,) were wondering if there are such places for
Jaws these days. The only ones I know of are the scripts done by Brian
Hartgen, as well as the Reaper scripts. :)

On 6/12/22, ratshtron <northstarr1950@...> wrote:
Hmmmm, if you use jaws you use scripts, lol!

________________________________
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Karen Reynolds
<karenreynolds2061@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 9:34:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: New Subscriber Contemplating Switching from NVDA to JAWS with A
Few Questions

Hi Lanie,
I don't use scripts, so I can't help you there. I do use a braille display.
It is the Focus 40 5th generation. Since I've been a long time user of Jaws,
early to mid 90's, I chose this display over others because I wanted the two
to work well together. Since Then I understand there are several from other
companies that work well with Jaws too.

There is another group. The group I found has a braille display focus only.
Getting them to work with screen readers; including NVDA, Narrator, IOS,
Jaws, etc.; is often discussed on that list. Also deciding which one might
work best with your preferred screen reader. Here is the link to learn
more.

https://groups.io/g/braille-display-users

I hope this helps, and I've not stepped on the toes of the moderator.
Karen