moderated Re: Curiosity: What makes people choose Jaws over NVDA?

Gene Warner

Hi everyone!

I just recently heard about this list, so this is my first post.

I started losing my vision in 2010 and was declared legally blind two year later. I bought JAWS in December in 2013 and have been using it ever since except for a a week or two when I tried switching to NVDA, but always came back to JAWS.

My take on the two screen readers is quite simple.

* If you want to be productive and get work done with your computer, you use JAWS.

* If you like forgoing productivity and like to dig into the inner workings and tinkering around to see what happens, you use NVDA.

Have a great week end everyone!
Gene...